09 Unknown Tips For Beginner Command Prompt.
What is command prompt?
It can also be used to troubleshoot and solve Windows issues.
- CMD is a programme in the Windows operating system that imports as an input field in a text-based user interface screen.
- It can be used to do complex administrative activities as well as execute instructions that have been input.
How to open cmd prompt in windows?
- In the Windows search box, type “cmd.”
- If you click on the result as shown below (fig.1), a new screen will appear.
1. System Information:
- In the command prompt window, type systeminfo.
- It will display all system details for you to quickly verify, such as the operating system name, version, manufacturer, and configuration.
2.Windows IP Configuration :
- Internet Protocol parameters are referred to as IP configuration.
- It gives the device the ability to accept and deliver IP packets.
- In the command prompt, type ipconfig.
- It displays your entire IP configuration.
Simply type dir at the command prompt.
- Within the selected directory, you may see the accessible files and directories. Also includes a brief description of the date and size of the files.
- To conduct extra operations, the command can be combined with a number of extra switches.
4.You Can Change Color In cmd Window:
In the cmd prompt, type colour 2.
- As you can see in the above image , I mentioned colour 2 to display the green colour. Whichever colour you like, combine it with a number or letter.
5.You Can Use Multiple Command Using &&:
For e.g. type systeminfo && mspaint.
6.To Show The Drives Entire Directory Structure:
- Type a little commands tree in command prompt.
- It display type, syntax purpose, etc… in your drive files.
7.Find A Websites IP Address:
- Just type nslookup websitename.com.
8. View Processes:
In the cmd prompt, type tasklist.
- We’ll need to see a list of ongoing processes when we’re on a remote system.
- We can utilise the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) from the GUI, but we utilise tasklist from the command terminal.
It keeps track of the path your computer takes through the internet to reach a specific destination computer. It calculates and displays the time it takes to complete each hop.
- In the command prompt, type tracert.
- For instance, www.zzzzz.com/tracert (if you want to know the IP address of www.zzzzz.com).
4 thoughts on “09 Unknown Tips For Beginner Command Prompt.”
It is very useful information for beginners…☺️
thank you so much…..
thank you so much…..